
After getting a little lost with the grandad and his new "SatNav" (GPS for us Canadians), we finally found my new home for the next 6 months.
Being the Friday of the move in weekend, not many people were there, so I went and grabbed my keys and pulled my ice hockey equipment out of the car. Of all things to be expected, I did not think that someone would instantly come up to me and ask me about my hockey stuff and where he could play! Pretty crazy. I started to move my stuff in with a few trips down the creepy hallway with flickering lights shown above!


I was pleasantly surprised as I got into my new flat. it was miles bigger than many of the others and my room was actually twice as big as in my first year at Brock University in Canada! It is funny when you think of the differences of being so close to home and being able to drag unlimited furniture, clothes and other stuff to uni that when you are on exchange you cannot believe how little you have to put in your room. To this day just under a month later my room still looks barren. When I went to borrow a duvet cover and sheets off of my grandparents, I didn't really know what I was going to get. Apparently my grandmother thinks I am a ten year old girl with pink sheets and a floral laced duvet cover which still hasn't seen the light of day. Some times you just have to laugh it off and go with it haha.

I was at this point where my roommates (flatmates) started to move in slowly. I got to meet Melissa, Kathryn, Ollie, Lexi and Joel. I seemed to have lucked out with some pretty awesome flatties and we are having a blast so far !
They are all English and are from all over the country, sometimes I can't understand a damn word they are saying, but nodding and saying yes seems to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment