Monday, 1 October 2012

Paralympics!

So for the first while of being at the grandparents house, I desperately was attempting to get tickets to the athletics/ other Paralympic events, to no avail. I even went down to the Olympic park in Stratford to try, and came up with nothing. Although I did meet an Australian Gold medalist and his coaches, getting to see the medal! Still, with almost every event listed as sold out,I had given up for a time. This was until I somehow saw a twitter alert just as it came up saying tickets had become available. Not only had I scored tickets, they just happened to be for all the gold medal races/ track events!



 With this I set off not realizing how unreal the event was going to be. I grabbed the tube down to the park a bit early as I was to meet a friend going to Leeds Met as well (still had no cell phone, what a challenge to find someone without one!). Even better was that Jemma had been volunteering at the Paralympics for a while, so she she showed me around the entire park, which was unbelievably massive!

It came time to part ways and I headed into the Olympic stadium to find my seat (decent seats and I was at the end of the aisle-BONUS). The athletics had just started and I got to see some fantastic races in  the greatest I had ever been apart of, so sick. It got towards the end and the race everyone had been dying to see. Johnny Peacock of Team GB vs. Oscar Pistorius, and some other guys. Here is the video!

It was a great night, I got many great pictures, met some cool international people. Well worth the 30 pound spent, would do it again anytime. Next on list- Winter Olympics, World Cup!





No comments:

Post a Comment